Tuesday, May 19, 2009

LOL

Lola Orders Liver, Lavender Orderish Laundry, Living Outrageously Large, Lonely Old Logger. I'd rather have LOL stand for any of these except for what it's used for now. Don't get me wrong I love to laugh and out loud is fine, but I can't stand seeing LOL everywhere. "That was funny! LOL" Ok, what is wrong with this sentence? The person has already stated that something was funny, why add the LOL? Was it put in case we didn't know what "That was so funny." meant? C'mon folks!

Lulled Otter Lounge
Low Organized Land
Lipstick Overuse Laws
Laurence Olivier Lives!

Join me and add your own!!
image: www.derenegade.blogspot.com




4 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly! Lovely Orla's Lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's taken me a really long time to not associate LOL with the term "lots of luck," but I think I finally have. I don't know if you're old enough to remember a comic strip called Tumbleweeds, but my favorite character was a pompous Native American named Lotsa Luck. So even though it's Lots-A-Luck, every time I hear LOL an image of this guy pops into my head. If you want to see a picture, here's a link: http://www.tumbleweeds.com/lotsaluck.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave Our Lives
    Look Out Loser
    Landlubbers Only, Lobster
    Liverpool Or London
    Lenny's Ontological Lasso
    Lusty Ornery Lumberjacks
    Lump-sum Oblong Lithium
    Liver On Linoleum
    Loincloth Optional Living
    Lunge Ooze Litigate

    ReplyDelete